Table of Contents
- Video Overview
- Activate License
- Add Preorder Product
- Preorder Settings
1. Login to your WordPress backend and go to your dashboard.
2. On the lefthand column, go to the “Plugin” tab, then click “Add New.”
3. Click the “Upload Plugin”.
4. Click on “Choose File.”
5. A window will come up where you can choose the file you downloaded from your account and click the “Open” button.
6. Now you are ready to install the plugins by clicking the “Install Now” button.
7. After you either installed, you will come to the window states, “Plugin installed successfully,” click the “Activate Plugin.”
Go to the left panel in your Dashboard. Under “WooCommerce,” click on “Settings.” Once in Settings, go to the “Preorders” tab.
Add Preorder Product
1. Go to your “Products” tab on the left navigation panel and click “Add New.”
2. Go to the “Product data” panel and then click on the “Inventory” tab. On the right-hand side, you will see the settings for the “Preorder Product.” Checking the box will enable the product to be used for preorders.
3. Set the date on when your Preorder Product will be available.
4. Your product is now ready for preorders. Hit publish and then view the product page.
5. Go to the new “Product Page.” You will now see the product button states, “Preorder Now!” Go ahead and click the button to add to cart and then view cart.
6. When viewing cart, you will notice there is a “Note” in red stating when the product will be available based on the date selected on the product page.
1. Go to the “WooCommerce” on the lefthand side tab, then click on “Settings.”
Case #1 – Treat the whole order as a preorder
If you choose this mode, the customer will be able to select a shipping date, and all products will be shipped together on that specific day. That day will be limited to the latest preorder date available, for instance, if the order has 3 different products marked as preorder ones:
- Product A will be available on the 1st of September
- Product B will be available on the 3rd of September
- Product C will be available on the 1st of October
Then, the minimum shipping date will be the 1st of October (i.e: the minimum date when all products will be available).
Case #2 – Generate two separate orders, one for preorders and one for in-stock products
If you choose this mode, the customer will get two different orders generated, one for preorder products and one for in-stock ones. For instance, if your order looks like this:
- Product A is in-stock
- Product B will be available on the 1st of September
- Product C is in-stock
Then you will get an order which will be processed now, with products A and C, and then another order which will be shipped on the 1st of September.
Case #3 – Generate separate orders for each preorder products
If you choose this mode, then the customer will get one order for all in-stock products, and then one order for each preorder product, which will be shipped in each specific preorder date.
Case #4 – Allow only preorders – Premium
Use this mode if you want to only allow your customers to either choose preorder products or available ones.
Change the title of the Preorder button.
In this option, you can change the title of the button by checking the checkbox for the ‘Change button title for preorder products” and then add the name in the “Add Button Title.”